General Collection Research Services - Ngā Rātonga Rangahau ā te Tari Tiaki Taonga
The general collection is available for research and viewing by appointment only. General collection is understood as non-archival collection objects and includes a wide range of materials, many related directly to the social and natural history of the Whanganui region.
General Collection Research Services Hours - Ngā Hāora ō te Tari Tiaki Taonga
Available by appointment only with the Collection Manager.
General Collection Fees - Ngā Utu ā te Tari Tiaki Taonga
Access to the General Collection is free.
Fees are charged for all copies produced, for specialist research services and for reproductions in all formats of publication.
- Photocopying: 30 cents per A4 page and 50 cents per A3 page
- Digital or print copies of photographs: $15 per A4 image
- Consult the Collection Manager about pricing for other sizes and formats
- Low resolution research file print: $5 per image
- $20 per image (local history, educational)
- $100 per image (commercial)
- $100 per hour of filming
Specialist Research - Te Utu Kaimahi Hei Kairangahau Māū
If researchers are unable to come to the Museum they can ask the Collection Manager to carry out research on their behalf.
Staff research time charges:
- Free for the first half hour
- $30 per half hour after that